October 3rd, 2006
If your keyboard has the Windows logo key then you can use this key to perform specific actions quickly and easily. Here are the shortcuts:
- Windows Key: Start Menu.
- Windows Key+D: Minimizes all open windows and shows the Desktop. (press it key again to restore them to their previous positions).
- Windows Key+E: Explorer Window.
- Windows Key+F: File search.
- Windows Key+L: Locks your computer (switches users if Fast User Switching is activated).
- Windows Key+R: Run… command dialog.
- Windows Key+Pause/Break: Systems Properties panel.
- Windows Key+Tab: Cycles through the application in the Taskbar. (Shift+Windows Key+Tab will do this in the reverse direction).
- Windows Key+F1: Windows Help and Support Center.