September 12th, 2007
If you are running a dual monitor setup and want to display a wallpaper so that it stretches across both displays follow these steps:
First, you will need a wallpaper that is wide enough to cover both displays. If both of your monitors are the same size, then you need a wallpaper that is twice the width of your primary monitor. It would resemble something like this:
Now you are ready to set the display.
1. Right-click the Desktop and select Personalize.
2. Select Desktop Background.
3. Browse to the directory that contains your wallpaper image and then select it by clicking on the thumbnail.
4. Your wallpaper will instantly change to the selected image, the problem is that the same image is on both monitors:
5. To properly display the image across both monitors, you need to select the Tile radio button from the bottom where it says How should the picture be positioned?.
6. Your wallpaper will now display across both monitors:
7. Click OK.
By the way, the image I used for this can be found here.