April 30th, 2008
By creating a bookmark in your toolbar, you can access Compose Mail to quickly send an email from your Gmail account, while never leaving the page you were on. This is because you’d be drafting the email in Firefox’s Sidebar.
First, you need to get the address (URL) of your Compose Mail popout window.
1. Go to Gmail.
2. Click the Compose Mail link on the left of the page.
3. When the Compose Mail page appears, click the popout icon in the upper right corner.
4. A new window will appear, containing the Compose Window page. Go to the address bar of the new window and highlight and copy the address (URL).
5. Close the new window.
You are now ready to create your bookmark.
1. Open Firefox.
2. Go to the menu, click Bookmarks and select Organize Bookmarks.
3. In the right pane, select Bookmarks Menu.
4. Click the Organize button at the top of the window, and select New Bookmark.
5. In the Name textbox, input Compose Mail.
6. In the Location textbox, paste the copied address for the Compose Mail window.
7. Check the Load this bookmark in the sidebar checkbox.
8. Click the Add button.
9. Close the Library window.
The next time you need to send out an email while your surfing the web, simply click your new bookmark. Gmail’s Compose Mail will appear in the Sidebar, ready to go.