Fluid is a site specific browser similar to Prism. It is based on Safari’s WebKit. This makes it perfect for viewing Zinio’s free iPod content on your computer, without having to switch your Safari’s User Agent settings. To start things off, you will need to download and install Fluid. Once you have installed the browser, follow these steps to make it a Zinio viewer.
- Open the Fluid application.
- A window will appear for creating a site specific browser. In the URL textbox, input http://imgs.zinio.com/iphone/. In the Name textbox, input whatever you wish to call the browser (Zinio Newsreader). Click the Create button.
- When the Success window appears, click the Launch Now button.
- Once the application has opened, select its name from the menu bar. Select User Agent and then select Mobile Safari 1.1.3 â€“ iPhone.
- Now close the application and reopen it. You can now view all of the available magazines.