June 7th, 2009
Farm Town is a popular (and addictive) game on Facebook. You manage your farm and gain money and experience to access various crops, buildings, etc. Here are a few tips that I’ve learned along the way.
1. Don’t waste your money on trees, people will gift them to you.
2. Don’t waste you money on chickens or sheep as these can be gifted to you as well.
3. Calculating time until harvest for crops and trees:
For a 1 day crop: 1% = 12 minutes
(strawberry, cabbage, watermelon. and potato)
For a 2 day crop: 1% = 24 minutes
(wheat, tomato, peas, and rice)
For a 3 day crop: 1% = 36 minutes
(coffee, sunflower, corn, onion, apple, lemon, and orange)
For a 4 day crop: 1% = 48 minutes
(pumpkin, banana, pear, peach, and plum)
For a 5 day crop: 1% = 60 minutes
(coconut, mango, cherry)
4. Always hire others to harvest your crops, never harvest them yourself. You get 20% more by hiring others to do the work, plus, you can be plowing while they harvest which will save you time.
5. Add farmers you trust to your Buddy List or have them become your neighbor. Use them as your primary source for hiring.
6. Crops in storage will not spoil.
7. Fruit on trees will not spoil.
8. Visit your neighbors’ farms. You gain experience points and can receive small jobs to pick up some pocket change.
9. To maximize the usage of space, go to Preferences (the wrench icon in the upper-right corner) and check the Remove Spaces Between Fields checkbox. Click the green button with the checkmark on it. This will allow you to place plowed fields right next to each other.
10. If the game is running slow, go to Preferences and uncheck the Smooth Graphics checkbox and check the Freeze Animals checkbox. Click the green button with the checkmark on it.