February 5th, 2010
While you can easily watch YouTube videos off of the web on your device, you might find a video that you want to save for viewing later. You can easily download the video to the device for watching whenever you want.
First, you should to go to the Marketplace and get the Dolphin Browser. You could do this with the web browser that comes with the device, however it will not allow you to change the name of the video when you are downloading it.
You will need to add the free online video converter service, BenderConverter as a bookmark on your browser. You will need this to perform the conversion and downloading of the video to your device.
Now you are ready to capture any YouTube video that catches your attention.
- While in the YouTube application and viewing the desired video, tap the Menu key on the device.
- Select Details.
- Select the small, circular arrow button that is located beneath the thumbnail of the video.
- Select the Copy URL button.
- Open the Dolphin Browser application (or the Android Browser).
- Go to your Bookmarks and select the BenderConverter bookmark.
- When the webpage finishes loading, select the iPod / PSP / iPhone Movie (.mp4) radio button.
- Long press the Video page link textbox and select Paste to input the URL of the YouTube video.
- Select the Convert button.
- When the service has finished with the conversion, select the DOWNLOAD button. If you are using the Dolphin Browser, it will allow you to change the filename of the video. Do so and select OK. If you are using the devices regular browser, the video will start downloading, with a generic filename.
- Once finished you have completed the task. You can open Gallery to find your downloaded video.